Chinese Food Cantonese Lobster Recipes Ingredients :
- 1x 1kg cooked lobster, shell split, claws cracked and sac removed
- 75ml peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 71/2cm fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 125g lean pork, minced (ground)
- 250ml Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG), (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch), blended with 2 tablespoons water
- 4 spring onion (scallions), chopped
- 2 eggs
Chinese Food Recipes Instructions:
1. Chop the lobster into pieces and set aside.(You can, if you wish, remove the shell but it is traditional to cook this dish with the shell on).
2. Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying-pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the lobster pieces to the pan and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are heated through. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and keep hot while you make the sauce.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same frying-pan. Add the ginger and pork and fry until the pork loses all its pinkness. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Combine the wine or
sherry, soy sauce, monosodium glutamate (MSG) and sugar, then stir the mixture into the pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the cornflour (cornstarch) mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes translucent.
Stir in the spring onions (scallions) and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Turn off the heat and beat the eggs a few times just to combine them. Gently pour over the mixture, stirring and lifting the sides of the mixture to allow the egg to run over and under.
When the egg mixture becomes creamy and slightly ‘set’, spoon the sauce over the lobster. Serve at once.