Recipes: Vegetables in garlic sauce
When I read about this preparation in one of cookery books, I cannot wait to try hands on them. But, at the sametime I was soo worried about addition of ‘n’ number of sauces into it. So, I restricted them to chilli sauce alone. Tried replacing tomato sauce with home-made tomato puree, and yes the magic worked. The final preparation tasted entirely chinese!
- 4 tbspn of oil
- 10 garlic pods, thinly sliced (If pods are smaller, make around 20)
- Spring onion – about 8-10 (Chop bulbs and green part separately)
- Baby corn, carrot, capsicum pieces – 11/2 cup (Sliced like thin long cylinder)
- Tomato puree – 1 cup (Made from 350 gm of tomato)
- Chilly sauce – 1 tbspn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Tofu pieces – 1/2 cup (Semi-fried in oil and kept separate)
- 2 drops of soy sauce (If required)
Heat oil in kadaai, add garlic slices. Let it brown.
Now you can add chilli sauce, bit of soy sauce (for the dark colour). Check the seasoning, switch off the flame and garnish with spring onions green and fried tofu pieces
Happy read Vegetables in garlic sauce recipes, and enjoy food and drink picture original here: Tasty food recipes