Healthy: Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel
This Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel healthy food and healthy recipes. Here food recipe is delicious, we goal we will suffer this Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel on food healthy recipe blog.
Here is a recipe for Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Fennel. I suspicion a little of we might wish to give this a try. Be certain to review eP’s records during a bottom. Also, in box we aren’t sure, Pernod is an anise flavored liqueur.
Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel
elemenoP around NY Times
Time: 45 minutes
2 vast fennel bulbs
1 vast clove garlic, rounded off chopped
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 crater and 2 tablespoons additional pure olive oil
6 weak duck thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon belligerent black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Pernod
1 tablespoon creatively squeezed lemon juice.
1. Trim fennel bulbs, and set in reserve fronds. In a blender or food processor, beat about 1/2 crater fronds, garlic, lemon liking and 1/4 teaspoon salt until finely chopped. Add 1/3 crater oil and purée.
2. Halve fennel bulbs lengthwise. Slice thinly with a mandoline or really pointy knife.
3. Season duck with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat superfluous 2 tablespoons oil in a vast skillet over tall heat. Brown duck until skin is crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer duck to a plate, withdrawal drippings in pan.
4. Stir fennel seeds in to skillet and prepare for thirty seconds. Add sliced fennel and onion, taste additive with remaining1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reduce feverishness to middle and cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables have been caramelized, fifteen to twenty minutes. Add Pernod and scratch up any browned pieces in a bottom of a skillet; prepare until glass has evaporated, about 1 minute.
5. Lay duck on tip of a fennel-onion mixture. Pour 3 tablespoons H2O in to a pan. Cover skillet and revoke feverishness to medium-low. Cook until duck is only baked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and prepare off any additional glass if necessary. Stir in lemon juice.
6. Serve duck and vegetables surfaced with inexhaustible dollops of a fennel frond purée.
eP’s notes: we used skinless duck thighs and it was great. The puree is not necessary, subsequent time we will supplement a fennel fronds and lemon liking to a dish. we combined a garlic to a plate instead of a puree anyway, since we am fearful of tender garlic! And we will clout a fennel not as big too, to make it some-more similar to a commanding for a chicken. we didn’t have fennel seeds and we didn’t skip them (I did have Pernod!).
Happy review Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel recipes, and suffer food and splash design strange here: Amy’s WFD Blog!