Healthy: Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel
This Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel full of health food and full of health recipes. Here food recipe is delicious, we goal we will suffer this Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel on food full of health recipe blog.
Here is a recipe for Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Fennel. I suspicion a little of we might wish to give this a try. Be certain to read eP’s records at the bottom. Also, in box we aren’t sure, Pernod is an anise flavored liqueur.
Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel
elemenoP around NY Times
Time: 45 minutes
2 vast fennel bulbs
1 vast clove garlic, rounded off chopped
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 crater and 2 tablespoons additional pure olive oil
6 weak chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon belligerent black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Pernod
1 tablespoon creatively squeezed lemon juice.
1. Trim fennel bulbs, and set in reserve fronds. In a blender or food processor, beat about 1/2 crater fronds, garlic, lemon liking and 1/4 teaspoon salt until finely chopped. Add 1/3 crater oil and purée.
2. Halve fennel bulbs lengthwise. Slice thinly with a mandoline or really pointy knife.
3. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat superfluous 2 tablespoons oil in a vast skillet over tall heat. Brown chicken until skin is crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, withdrawal drippings in pan.
4. Stir fennel seeds in to skillet and cook for thirty seconds. Add sliced fennel and onion, taste additive with remaining1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reduce feverishness to middle and cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables have been caramelized, fifteen to twenty minutes. Add Pernod and scratch up any browned pieces in the bottom of the skillet; cook until glass has evaporated, about 1 minute.
5. Lay chicken on tip of the fennel-onion mixture. Pour 3 tablespoons H2O in to the pan. Cover skillet and revoke feverishness to medium-low. Cook until chicken is only baked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and cook off any additional glass if necessary. Stir in lemon juice.
6. Serve chicken and vegetables surfaced with inexhaustible dollops of the fennel frond purée.
eP’s notes: we used skinless chicken thighs and it was great. The puree is not necessary, subsequent time we will supplement the fennel fronds and lemon liking to the dish. we combined the garlic to the plate instead of the puree anyway, since we am fearful of tender garlic! And we will clout the fennel not as big too, to have it some-more similar to a commanding for the chicken. we didn’t have fennel seeds and we didn’t skip them (I did have Pernod!).
Happy read Braised Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Fennel recipes, and suffer food and splash picture strange here: Amy’s WFD Blog!