Healthy: Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Mint Oreo Cupcakes
This Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Mint Oreo Cupcakes healthy food and healthy recipes. Here food recipe is delicious, we hope you will enjoy this Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Mint Oreo Cupcakes on food healthy recipe blog.
Tomorrow is my baby boy’s 11th birthday. How can it be? He is such a joy and one reason is because he is my foodie! He will try pretty much anything I make and I love that about him. For his birthday, I am going to make Teriyaki Chicken Wings for dinner. I will serve these with rice and fresh pineapple. Then I will be making Mint Oreo Cupcakes to bring to school!
Teriyaki Chicken Wings
8 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup chili sauce
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
4 pounds chicken wings
3 tablespoons teriyaki OR soy sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Preheat oven to 400*F (205*C). Grease a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish; set aside. In small saucepan melt butter and add the honey, chili sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside. Discard tips of chicken wings and halve at the main joint. Place wings in prepared pan and drizzle with teriyaki or soy sauce, toss wings to coat well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Pour glaze over them and bake an additional 20 minutes, basting wings 2 or 3 times and turning wings once. For crispier wings, place under the broiler for 2 minutes, just before serving. Serve over white rice with a side of fresh or canned pineapple
Mint Oreo Cupcakes
Slightly Adapted from Beantown Baker
1/2 Cup (114g) Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup (250ml) Milk
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 1/4 Cups (280g) Flour, plus 2 Tbsp for the Oreo chunks
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 2/3 Cup (375g) Sugar
3 Large Egg Whites, at room temperature
1 pkg Mint Oreo Cookies (~45 cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
2. Twist apart 24 Oreos. Place the wafer with filling on it, filling side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. Cut other wafers in half. Save 24 halves to place in the frosting. Crush the other wafer halves, also for garnishing. Cut the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters with a sharp knife. Toss with 2 Tbsp flour and set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream the butter until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until integrated. Stir in sugar. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat for 30 seconds. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites. Beat for 2 more minutes. Stir in the quartered cookies.
6. Fill the cupcake lines three-quarters full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
Mint Buttercream Icing
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp (250g) Butter, room temperature
5 1/2 Cups (700g) Icing Sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 – 1 tsp mint extract (depending on how strong you want it)
2 – 4 Tbsp Milk
Green food colouring (optional)
In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and a 1/2 cup (65g) of the icing sugar together until well combined. Continue to add the icing sugar to the butter mixture 1/2 a cup at a time. Once the buttercream mixture starts to get a bit stiff, add the vanilla and mint extracts, and 2 tablespoons of the milk,. Repeat these steps until all of the icing sugar is incorporated into the butter mixture. You may want to add in more milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Happy read Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Mint Oreo Cupcakes recipes, and enjoy food and drink picture original here: Amy’s WFD Blog!