This recipe for Bulgarian pressed cabbages or sarmi is done with veal, pork, rice and yogurt. Here have been more pressed cabbage recipes.
Makes about twenty-four Bulgarian pressed cabbages or sarmi
Prep Time: 0 hour, thirty minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 0 minute
- 1 (4-pound) total cabbage head
- 1 garland finely chopped immature onions
- 1 center finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 crater proposal rice
- Sunflower oil
- 1 crater gas or water
- 1 1/2 pounds belligerent veal
- 1/2 bruise belligerent pork
- Salt to ambience
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) finely chopped mint
- Tomato juice
- 1 crater solid Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) prohibited or honeyed paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove core from cabbage. Place total conduct in a vast pot filled with boiling, pickled water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until malleable sufficient to lift off particular leaves. You will need about twenty-four leaves.
- When leaves have been cold sufficient to handle, use a paring knife to cut divided the thick core branch from any leaf, though slicing all the approach through.
- Chop the superfluous cabbage and place it in the bottom of a vast oiled stew image or Dutch oven.
- In a center skillet, saute chopped onion, carrots and rice in a tiny oil until rice grains have been utterly coated with oil. Add 1 crater gas or H2O and stir until H2O has been absorbed. Let cold and send to a vast bowl. Add veal, lamb, salt, pepper, parsley and packet and brew until good combined, though do not overmix or the beef will turn tough.
- Place about 1/2 crater of beef on any cabbage leaf. Roll divided from we to encase the meat. Flip the right side of the root to the middle, afterwards flip the left side. You will have something which looks similar to an envelope. Once again, hurl divided from we to emanate a tidy tiny roll.
- Place the cabbage rolls on tip of the chopped cabbage in the stew image or Dutch oven, taste additive any covering with salt and pepper. Pour sufficient chopped tomatoes extract over rolls so it comes 2/3 up the side of the Dutch oven or casserole. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, place a weighted ovenproof image on the cabbage rolls, cover and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or until cabbage is proposal and beef is cooked.
- Make a salsa in a tiny play by blending yogurt, paprika and a tiny sunflower oil, blending until smooth. Transfer pressed cabbages to a portion image and cover with sauce.
NOTE: This same stuffing recipe might be used for pressed peppers, eggplants and zucchini.