This recipe for Bulgarian pressed cabbages or sarmi is done with veal, pork, rice and yogurt. Here have been more pressed cabbage recipes.
Makes about twenty-four Bulgarian pressed cabbages or sarmi
Prep Time: 0 hour, thirty minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 0 minute
- 1 (4-pound) total cabbage head
- 1 garland finely chopped green onions
- 1 center finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 crater proposal rice
- Sunflower oil
- 1 crater gas or water
- 1 1/2 pounds belligerent veal
- 1/2 bruise belligerent pork
- Salt to ambience
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) finely chopped mint
- Tomato juice
- 1 crater solid Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) prohibited or honeyed paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove core from cabbage. Place total conduct in a vast pot filled with boiling, pickled water. Cover and prepare 3 minutes, or until malleable sufficient to lift off particular leaves. You will need about twenty-four leaves.
- When leaves have been cold sufficient to handle, use a paring knife to cut divided a thick core branch from any leaf, though slicing all a approach through.
- Chop a superfluous cabbage and place it in a bottom of a vast oiled stew image or Dutch oven.
- In a center skillet, saute chopped onion, carrots and rice in a tiny oil until rice grains have been utterly coated with oil. Add 1 crater gas or H2O and stir until H2O has been absorbed. Let cold and send to a vast bowl. Add veal, lamb, salt, pepper, parsley and packet and brew until good combined, though do not overmix or a beef will turn tough.
- Place about 1/2 crater of beef on any cabbage leaf. Roll divided from we to encase a meat. Flip a right side of a root to a middle, afterwards flip a left side. You will have something which looks similar to an envelope. Once again, hurl divided from we to emanate a tidy tiny roll.
- Place a cabbage rolls on tip of a chopped cabbage in a stew image or Dutch oven, taste additive any covering with salt and pepper. Pour sufficient chopped tomatoes extract over rolls so it comes 2/3 up a side of a Dutch oven or casserole. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, place a weighted ovenproof image on a cabbage rolls, cover and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or until cabbage is proposal and beef is cooked.
- Make a salsa in a tiny play by blending yogurt, paprika and a tiny sunflower oil, blending until smooth. Transfer pressed cabbages to a portion image and cover with sauce.
NOTE: This same stuffing recipe might be used for pressed peppers, eggplants and zucchini.
Incoming Recipe:healthy stuffed cabbage recipe, stuffed cabbage recipe atkins, stuffed cabbage recipe healthy, bulgarian stuffed cabbage recipe, healthy recipes stuffed cabbage, info on cabbages, is stuffed cabbage healthy, stuffed cabbage healthy recipe, stuffed whole cabbage recipe
Related Post for Recipe: Healthy meals on a budgetRecipe: Top Lunch Ideas
Recipe: There’s no need to diet – just cut down on treats
Recipe: It’s not too late to start a New Year detox…
Recipe: Ten Ways to Cook with Meat
Recipe: Healthy meals on a budget