Stuffed Cabbage Recipe info
Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
Makes about twenty-four Bulgarian pressed cabbages or sarmi
Prep Time: 0 hour, thirty minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 0 minute
- 1 (4-pound) total cabbage head
- 1 garland finely chopped green onions
- 1 center finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 crater proposal rice
- Sunflower oil
- 1 crater gas or water
- 1 1/2 pounds belligerent veal
- 1/2 bruise belligerent pork
- Salt to ambience
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) finely chopped mint
- Tomato juice
- 1 crater solid Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) prohibited or honeyed paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove core from cabbage. Place total conduct in a vast pot filled with boiling, pickled water. Cover and prepare 3 minutes, or until malleable sufficient to lift off particular leaves. You will need about twenty-four leaves.
- When leaves have been cold sufficient to handle, use a paring knife to cut divided a thick core branch from any leaf, though slicing all a approach through.
- Chop a superfluous cabbage and place it in a bottom of a vast oiled stew image or Dutch oven.
- In a center skillet, saute chopped onion, carrots and rice in a tiny oil until rice grains have been utterly coated with oil. Add 1 crater gas or H2O and stir until H2O has been absorbed. Let cold and send to a vast bowl. Add veal, lamb, salt, pepper, parsley and packet and brew until good combined, though do not overmix or a beef will turn tough.
- Place about 1/2 crater of beef on any cabbage leaf. Roll divided from we to encase a meat. Flip a right side of a root to a middle, afterwards flip a left side. You will have something which looks similar to an envelope. Once again, hurl divided from we to emanate a tidy tiny roll.
- Place a cabbage rolls on tip of a chopped cabbage in a stew image or Dutch oven, taste additive any covering with salt and pepper. Pour sufficient chopped tomatoes extract over rolls so it comes 2/3 up a side of a Dutch oven or casserole. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, place a weighted ovenproof image on a cabbage rolls, cover and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or until cabbage is proposal and beef is cooked.
- Make a salsa in a tiny play by blending yogurt, paprika and a tiny sunflower oil, blending until smooth. Transfer pressed cabbages to a portion image and cover with sauce.
NOTE: This same stuffing recipe might be used for pressed peppers, eggplants and zucchini.